You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Macro/stacking







Ah Ha! We can post anything we wish! Enjoying playing around a bit today with stacking software. These circuit cards represent the evolution of circuit cards, oldest on top, a vacuum tube "pluggable unit" circa 1950's, then the first use of transistors (the six black/silver "cans") in a computer, late 1950's, then a circuit card from probably the 70's. Each image is a composite of 30 photos or so combined into single images. High res, click to fully appreciate.

3 comments:

  1. Does that make me really "old" if I can remember the "tubes" in a TV set, or having a Transistor radio (that was glued to the side of my ear as a teenager)... I love the top shot, most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you bring back memories of the TV repairman arriving every few months with his caddy of tubes for a "tuneup." The irony is I have worked in the electronics/computer career field for my entire lifetime and am "color challenged" to the extent I cannot read the resistor color codes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I would never have thought to take pics of tubes or transistors or circuit boards. What a series of fun pics!

    ReplyDelete