You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Monday, June 25, 2012

This was an interesting assignment.  "Asymmetry" is open to interpretation.  One could say that any photo that is a good example of rule of thirds is also an example of asymmetry.  But the approach I decided on was to take photos where one might expect symmetry, or that might look symmetrical at first glance, but actually not be symmetrical.

So, having run my mouth on for a while, let's see what you all think.


Obviously Randal and I saw the moon and had the same thought:


As always, constructive comments welcome!

3 comments:

  1. You captured your intent beautifully! My favorite is the first pic. I like the eccentric off-center tree rings, but the fractured lower right side, acting as a counterbalance, makes the result even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to me, the asymmetry of the yucca stalks - one with seed pods still attached, and the other bare - captures the gist of the assignment (not to say the others, per Randal's comment, do not)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is really great; you all saw exactly what I was trying to capture with those shots! Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete