You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Love B&W!!!

Toes in the Sand.....





These kids had a ball at an Elder's quorum party the other day--doesn't matter how hot or windy--playing in the dirt makes for magic.




I saw someone had taken a pic of their kids shoes one time and it evoked such strong emotion that I wanted to try it, so I got my little ones cowboy boots and took this on my kitchen floor, which I loved with the wood grain--it's kind of a fun keepsake, to me anyway.


4 comments:

  1. I left a whole long critique (both good and bad) and it didn't save it. UGH computers! Well the short version was, I loved the running picture (especially the sand flying in an arch) and I think you should experiment some with the cowboy boot shot because you need more detail in the wood grain to make it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nice ones! What about the boots out by a weathered fencepost? I agree with Shawn that the wood grain needs to be brought out more - or find another backdrop (like fencepost, or placed beside a saddle)? When you get it just right, you've GOT to enter it in the Lincoln County Fair, because I think that would be a top-winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, you're all right, I liked the contrast of the boots against the light, but now I can see that with more of the woodgrain it would really add a lot--thanks all, I will keep working on it!

    ReplyDelete