You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Red brick redo
























Since this red brick window was my first submission, I decided to see if after a week or two of shooting windows, I could improve it. I like this better. I think it is more interesting having it off centered. I also originally wanted to include the lines of the long since gone vines but wasn't sure how. I also like the extra color and contrast I've added thru photoshop. So I welcome anyone who want to take on the extra challenge to go reshoot your first (or really any) and see if you can improve it. No pressure. If you have the time and patience, I think it would be a great learning opportunity! But don't forget about this weeks "winter" assignment too.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you Steff I like the window offset showing more of the pattern on the brick wall. Love the extra contrast you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like it offset as well. But with this re-do, the vines might be overpowering... that is, heavier on the one side than the other? I like the simplicity of this shot - and I noticed the eagle in the pediment of the window, more this time than last.

    ReplyDelete