You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cowgirl for a day



I really wanted to have some time to work on a different shot, but it wasn't meant to be, so I decided to go ahead and post these two shots. I was going for the true self portrait...everything on my own. I took a ton of shots and only had two in focus. It was a little harder than I thought to focus on a spot, push the timer, get back to that exact spot, try to stay in the frame, and remember to keep my mouth shut (lol). I am not use to living in the country as I am a city girl at heart, but I have been trying to embrace the country these last five years in this new adventure called Panaca Living. Besides where else would I have had the chance to ride a bull? Only in Lincoln County! I enjoy the rustic feel of Panaca, the friendly waves while driving, the open space, and freedom that my kids enjoy. I just might have to buy me some cowgirl boots to add to my collection of crazy shoes.

5 comments:

  1. These are very fun pictures. One thing I have found that helps with self portraits is wireless remote for the camera. It makes it much easier to set the focus and then snap a bunch of pics. I think you did a great job with the lighting and definitely applied the rule of thirds. Here is a link to the remote http://store.pictureline.com/canon-wireless-remote-controller-rc-1.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both pictures, but the color one stands out more to me - especially the yellowish tints (lichen?) on the barnwood that are set off by the color of your hat! That, and your one eye seeming to wink under the brim of the hat makes this a "character" shot more than the black and white version. (In the black and white version, the pattern on your blouse was "too busy" for the nostalgic feel of B & W)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the B&W because of the many textures; some more detailed, others softer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! They are even better after hearing your "story". The top one if my favorite, soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Shawn!! You have such a great personality!!

    ReplyDelete