You don’t take a photograph, you make it. –Ansel Adams

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grrrr......Self-Portraits?


How "Eye" See Myself


I caught my reflection in my eye one night and thought it was so cool I wanted to try to capture it--I have one much clearer shot, where you could even see the color of my shirt, but the camera was to much in the way of my image in the pupil.


Actual 'Self-Portrait'

Didn't even come close to what I was trying for, and I gave up before the camera got broke by one of my kids coming and going.  I figured to stage a self-portrait of me it would need to show me doing what I do--hence a cowboy boot and running shoe to represent certain aspects of my life, cooking, laundry, cleaning, and one of my kids throwing a fit (that wasn't staged, but fit all too well).  I'm not going to even bother criticizing myself in the pic--just gonna be brave and post it anyway.


Two Halves of a Whole

I love using the mirror for fun elelments, and always wanted a twin. ;)
Are we done with self-portraits yet?  THEY ARE HARD!

10 comments:

  1. How creative you are Jamie. I love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jamie - these are amazing! I love the "supermom" one!! And the way you caught your reflection in the mirror is nothing short of awesome! The single eye is such a great closeup shot - great composition, lighting, and focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is crazy cool that you can see your reflection in your pupil...and with no camera up to your face!
    I am feeling ya on the second one sista!! I love how you caught the tantrum...perfect & funny! When I was TRYING to take my self portrait my daughter was too quiet so I went to check on her and she was dipping a q-tip into my foundation. She smeared it all over her eye. I think I will post that pic along with my portrait. Gotta love those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eye shot and the staged pic! You may miss the days of mayhem when they're gone. I do. Venice doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the middle shot. It shows quite a bit of thought and planning to convey your message. They are all great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both of these, Jamie! The first one made me laugh. Glad you were able to catch that juggler we often call "mother" in the pict. I also love to use mirrors. Yours turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! I love all of them. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motherhood picture = birth control. If the truth of this picture were hung in every doctor's office in the world the population would be a good deal less! This cracked me up, Jamie. These are all fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so cute!! Thanks for sharing.I like the eye! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete